Melodis Voice Dialer
Melodis Voice Dialer brings the fastest and most accurate voice contact search and auto dialing to your iPhone.To activate the Melodis Voice Dialer, simply touch the screen and begin to speak using your natural voice. The correct contact will appear…..
Rated 4/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Finally, a viable voice dialer for the iPhone!
Being a recent Pocket PC transplant and complete iPhone convert, I have been appalled by the lack of voice recognition support in the iPhone (to say nothing of a *cough* real camera). I've tried the other voice dialers and quickly removed them - they're just not viable products (compared to the Pocket PC voice dialer). Today I was pleasantly surprised by the Melodis Voice Dialer. It works!
A couple of nits:
- If the telephone does not start with a number (e.g., *82 - the code to disable caller ID blocking for the current call), the number is not (auto)dialed. Touching the entry turns it blue but, still, doesn't dial it.
- It would be nice if Voice Dialer loaded a little faster. But, the extra 1-2 seconds is well worth the wait.
A couple of feature enhancement requests:
- Support dialing by number. "Dial 123-456-7890" "Dial 411" "Dial 800-123-4567" and international dialing "Dial +01-123-456-7890" should all be supported.
- Enable/disable (via on/off switch under settings) the company lookup feature (see below for a description of what this is).
Now the goodies:
- The fist time Voice Dialer is run it indexes all available contacts. Voice recognition is extremely fast and accurate whereas other dialers that perform marginally okay with small contact lists struggle with large contacts lists. With over 700 entries in my contacts list, I found Voice Dialer's voice recognition is always lightning fast.
- Voice Dialer does seem to need an active network connection to do its voice recognition (I tried to do voice recognition in airplane mode, and it didn't work). But the voice recognition is still very fast unlike other products. Note - the need for an active network connection makes me a little nervous that Voice Dialer may be uploading contacts information (or the voice pattern) to its servers, which would be a privacy concern (despite whatever any company tells you).
- The UI is very clean and intuitive - no clutter or confusing interface elements. If multiple hits are found, they are all displayed in a compact format that is easy to browse. Contacts can be easily expanded to show all contact details by pressing the "+" next to each contact.
- If a single hit is found and it has a single telephone number, the contact is autodialed.
- Autodial has a configurable delay feature, which pauses 0 - 6 seconds before autodialing. It's a great feature to avoid accidentally autodialing the wrong number.
- If a contact has multiple numbers they are all displayed. Touching the desired number dials it. Visual confirmation (highlighting the desired number with a blue background) makes it easy to quickly see which number is being dialed.
- I've tested under various ambient conditions with great results in all cases. Indoors and outdoors, with and without background noise; in all cases, I got consistently accurate results.
- MAMebane's experience reminds me of something I thought of at first, too. I kept getting contacts that seemed to have nothing to do with what I'd said. I then realized that Voice Dialer is displaying all contacts that match the contact name *OR* the company name. So, if you have an entry for "ACME" and five associates with company name "ACME" and you say "ACME," Voice Dialer will display six contacts, the "ACME" company contact, and the five "ACME" company associates. This can be confusing until you realize what's going on. Thus, my suggestion for the feature enhancement to make this behavior optional. I do like it - it's very handy. But I can see wanting to disable it (e.g., if there is a large number of entries under a given company name).
Overall, Voice Dialer is a great product. The *82 problem made me think twice about 5-stars; but the product is so far aheads its competitors that I felt Melodis earned the full 5-star ranking. iPhone *needs* a viable voice dialer, and Melodis has put us a huge step closer to the perfect voice dialer. I look forward to seeing future enhancements (and the fix for the *82 problem). Melodis clearly hit another homerun and has finally brought a viable voice dialer to the iPhone. Thanks for writing geat applications, Melodis!
First off let me start by saying I rarely write reviews, but when I do they are for products that deserve my time. Congrates to the developers for making such a good application.
FREE (The best voice dialer in the app store IMO, whether it is free or paid.
VERY FAST load time and search time. I have a fairly large address book and it cataloged them all very fast. With that done it finds any contact I say rather quick.
ACCURATE, I have not had one issue with finding any contact, even in a loud area.
SIMPLE INTERFACE, has a simple interface that we come to know from Apple. Easy to use.
I have no cons right now for this app, but I will update this review if one arises. Rather I have some suggestions that would make this app far better than most voice dialers in the app store. The ability to DIAL KEYPAD NUMBERS would be very helpful and I have no doubt an update will come with that feature.
Works great !!!
I have voice dial in my car but my other car does not. This is better then the built in one. I even tried it out in the noisy street and it was correct every time. And it is fast.
Write a Review
The information may be outdated. For actual information go to iTunes
Related to «Melodis Voice Dialer» applications
¡Añade a tu iPhone la opción “manos libres” y "Push-To-Talk" (*), llamando simplemente con tu voz! Aunque tengas unos cuantos o cientos de contactos, sólo tienes que pronunciar el nombre de… [more..]
Price: $2.99 |
Aggiungi al tuo iPhone l’opzione “a mani libere” e “Push-To-Talk” (*), chiamando semplicemente con la tua voce! Sia che tu abbia pochi contatti o centinaia, ti basta pronunciare il nome che desideri… [more..]
Price: $2.99 |
Make your iPhone Hands-Free or Push-To-Talk (*)! Make a call just by using your voice!Whether you have hundreds of contacts or only a few, just say the name you want to call - Dillo! finds it in your… [more..]
Price: $2.99 |
What is iVoiceDialIt™ - Voice Dialer?iVoiceDialIt™ - Voice Dialer was made for everyone everwhere. It was designed to do one thing only, Voice Dial a contact fast WITHOUT having to LOOK or INTERACT… [more..]
Price: $6.99 |
What is iVoiceDialIt™ Lite?iVoiceDialIt™ Lite is for people who want to take a test drive and see what iVoiceDialIt can do for them. We give you a total of 2 voice tags. Which means you can have up to… [more..]
Price: free |
#1 Fastest HANDS-FREE Voice Dialer1. Say the contact name2. Contact is instantaneously dialed. THATS IT!!!!----FEATURES-----* No training of any kind required* Fast speeds on any network (3G, EDGE, WI… [more..]
Price: $0.99 |
DescriptionAmerica Voice allows iPhone users to save money on their long distance calls by triggering an inbound call into their mobile phone (or residential/business line) and then connecting them to… [more..]
Price: free |
Think Dialer is the simple, no nonsense, streamlined dialing app for Google Voice. With it you can view your call history, save favorite phone numbers and make phone calls using your Google Voice… [more..]
Price: $1.99 |
Can not make calls with your beloved iTouch/iPad/iPhone? Don't worry, with WePhone on your iPhone/iTouch/iPad , you can make worldwide phone calls with crystal clear sound quality and at super… [more..]
Price: free |